Participants from outside of Europe must obtain a short-term or a long-term Czech visa, depending on their study course or training. An application can be filled at a Czech Embassy in the state of which the student is a citizen or which issued his/her passport (current travel document) or in the state in which the participant has a long-term or permanent residence permit.
The following documents are required for any long-term visa application in the Czech Republic:
- International passport, valid for at least a year from the date of submission of the documents in the Czech Republic
- 2 photos 3.5 х 4.5 cm (passport-type)
- Visa application form, filled with Latin letters and signed by the applicant
- Valid confirmation of enrolment issued by the Czech university or any other educational institution in the Czech Republic with the applicant’s full name
- Document(s) confirming financial means (evidence that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover his/her living costs for the upcoming study period):
- Current personal bank account statement and/or
- Current sponsor’s bank account statement if the applicant pays for study non-self
- Copy of the credit card
The minimum amount required for students is 75 000 CZK/year (you can have more but not less) or its equivalent in any other currency at the date of issue of the statement with the official exchange rate. For children under 18 years of age, the minimum amount is reduced by 50%.
- Proof of accommodation (Confirmation of place of residence at the time of study in the Czech republic)
- An excerpt similar to an extract from the Penal Register issued by the state of which the applicant is a citizen.
- Medical insurance (needed if the visa application is approved)
The processing time for long-term visa applications is from 1 to 3 months from the date of submission of all necessary documents to the Czech Consulate.